Diary entry 41

Wed, 24 Mar 2004

Dear Friends,

So much has transpired since my last diary entry, I don't know where to begin. The chaotic Taiwanese election, the Japanese album, the Chinese album, the English album, the new concert tour, the movie "Mahiruno Hoshizora", the recent birth of my first nephew, meeting with my idol Stevie Wonder in Osaka...the list goes on and on!
It's altogether too much to talk about in one diary entry, so I'll start with what's going on today. I am currently in an airplane en route to Thailand! This is my first ever trip to Thailand, and I am looking forward to this very much. I was invited by Sony Thailand and Channel V to attend the annual Thai Music Awards. I am up for the Best Asian Artist award, but to be honest, I'm just excited to be going to a new country for the first time! Thailand, here I come!
During the past few months, I have spent most of my time recording for the Japanese album and song-writing for the Chinese album. Both will be coming out very soon (April 21, first single "Dream Again", Chinese album October, 2004)!I really hope you all enjoy the Japanese, because I made it for YOU! Let me know if my Japanese has improved...ok, su ko shi?
The Chinese album is still in the works. I have been meeting with professors of ethnomusicology from National Taiwan University, and Central Music Conservatory in Beijing, and have done considerable research already into the musics of Chinese ethnic minorities. The musics of Xin Jiang, Yun Nan, Tibet,Mongolia (and more) have been a huge influence on the sound of this album, and have helped me to create a clearer sonic identity for Chinese popular music.Now that the Japanese album is complete, I will be focusing more on thisproject in the months to come!
Well, that's som of what's on my mind today! The plane is about to land, so I've got to put my computer to sleep now! Thanks for your support, and I'll SEE YOU SOON!

Love, peace and music,

Leehom

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

urm...are u for real?

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to lee hom:hey,how come u didn't write any diary oredy?=(

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lee hom, i read a lot of your entires and i totally agree with what you said about life and how we should cherish every single day of it. I am really excited for u and for myself on ur up coming CD. I really enjoy ur new song. I hope you continue to make good music, and try not to let the media bother you. I know ur really busy but dont forget to stay healty. gluck on everythingg.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if this is real too. I feel if it were real there would be a lot more visitors and comments left behind cause die-hard LeeHom fans would be able to find this.

But either way... Congrats "LeeHom" on your Heros of the Earth album. You're a great role model and have inspired me to explore music more and improve on my ABC-Chinese. =)

4:26 PM  
Blogger HOM-e said...

Dear friends,

This's 100% LH's diary. He wrote it long time ago. But he didn't write here. I just copy from sonymusic JP.& TW. sites...Clear?

WH/HOM-e

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers
my webpage - http://www.crazyteenpics.com/

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home