Diary entry 34

Entry IV/2001

Dear Friends,

Today I'm writing to you all from Singapore, backstage at the Live House Pub. In one hour, I'll be giving a mini-concert here for the promotion of my new album, "The One and Only". Wish me luck!
Wow! The work of the day is finished, and I am now writing to you from the business center at the Four Seasons Hotel. The concert went really well! Parts of it were quite interesting, funny and unforgettable! I was in a sentimental mood during the concert, as I think many of the audience could sense. I sang a lot of slow songs with emotions straight from my heart. I think I performed well, and was so happy to see so many smiling faces in the crowd. I can't believe it's been a whole year since I was last here in Singapore! It's good to be back!
NEWSFLASH! At the request of countless numbers of music-loving fans, I am pleased to announce that I will be releasing a music book in December, complete with sheet music for all of this album's songs! In addition, I have written my own comments next to each song, consisting of thoughts, feelings and stories that I would like to share with all of you. In light of this book's imminent release, I will not use the weekly diary as the forum to discuss each new song in detail just yet. I don't want you all to say, "Oh, I've read this already in his journal!" when you read the book!
So...this week. This week has been absolutely crazy. I went from Nanning to Changsha to Shanghai to Hong Kong to Singapore in the last 7 days. At each city, my schedule was crammed with TV and radio appearances, press conferences and fan gatherings. I must say, this week really flew by because the pace was nothing short of relentless. I am glad to have had the opportunity to see so many fans in so many different places. Weeks like this remind me what a huge stage Chinese pop music plays on, and what an honor it is to be making music for so many people. Thanks to everyone who came out to my events! You guys always give me energy and put me in a great mood!
Also this week, I just want to say, thank God for e-mail and cell phones. I love SMS! I don't know what I'd do without these means of keeping in touch with my friends and family! Thanks to all you mobile phone service providers who let me roam around Asia on one SIM card...but can you please give me a break on your prices?! They're out of control!
Thanks for reading.

peace on earth, Leehom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home