Diary entry 36

Entry V/2001

Dear Friends,

I'm writing to you today from my hotel room in the Genting Highlands, Malaysia, which was the site of the Malaysian golden melody awards, 2001. What an honor to be awarded "Producer of the Year", "Composer of the Year", and "Song of the Year" for "Wei Yi, the One and Only"! I would like to reiterate what I said in my acceptance speeches...thanks to all of you, the listeners of my music. You continue to give me strength and inspiration. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do what I love. Without your ears, there would be no music.
Yesterday was Thanksgiving, which traditionally is the time when my family and I MUST get together to sample Mom's latest culinary inventions, as well as her standard classics: pumpkin pie, apple pie, corn-on-the-cob, pan-fried ribs, and of course, succulent stuffed turkey! This year's Thanksgiving also coincided with another celebration, Mom and Dad's 30th year wedding anniversary!
Congratulations Mom and Dad, you guys are the greatest! To be together and in love for 30 years is such a rare and special thing, I only hope that I can have that kind of success as a husband! Even though a phone call is no substitute for returning home to New York to celebrate these two momentous occasions, we'll have to reenact the festivities during Christmas time, when we meet up together in Las Vegas, OK? Lots of love to my family!
Touring between China, Singapore, and Malaysia this week was kind of fast paced, but it sure kept me busy. It was especially nice to be back in Taiwan the last few days, I hadn't been back to Taipei in three weeks, and was really beginning to miss my friends there!
Between album promotion, and preparing for the release of my new music book, I also have begun visiting the gym regularly in preparation for my world tour! Ouch! It's been a while since I've worked out like this, and my body is making me pay for it!
Take care everyone and I'll be seeing you soon!

Peace on earth, Leehom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home